Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Heart String Zendala

The DIVA challenge #353 this week is to create a zendala using a heart string. I love doing zendala's and its been a long time since I created my own string for one.  I used a regular size tile and started with 4 hearts in the middle, then just kept adding hearts around and around in pencil.


Then I traced my template in ink and filled in some of the areas in black ink. Feel free to copy and use this hand drawn template if you wish.


Then I tangled.  I like to only use 2-3 tangle patterns on a zendala to give them more of a symmetrical look. In this case I stuck to some oldies...Printemps, Crescent Moon, and Florz.  Here is my tile pre-shading and highlighting.


The finished tile with shading and highlights. I enjoyed this challenge!


8 comments:

  1. I love this Sue! Great combination of tangles! Thanks for showing all the steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh very cool! I love your progress pics in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sue! Thanks for sharing your process;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Sue and thank you very much for the progression pictures. It's always nice to see a different artist's process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just amazing! the shading and highlighting brings it into a realm of wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Firstly, thank you for the step by step guide.I find myself fascinated by how other people work. I think you have achieved an amazing amount of detail on this. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete